The Senior Software Engineer designs, codes, and unit tests software solutions.He or she will be mainly responsible for Full Stack Development and integration of software products. The Senior Software Engineer must be able to deliver the products with high quality and in a timely manner.
The Senior Software Engineer will work directly under Software Development Manager and work collaboratively with other Software Engineers, QA/Test Engineers and other team members. He or she will be expected to innovate and provide suggestions and solutions to maintain and improve the current and future developments of the company.
- Design, implement, and test software solutions
- Design, implement, and test RESTful web services using NodeJS
- Working knowledge of Node.js and Express
- Must Hands on WIth at least one of these Frontend Frameworks/Libraries (AngularJS, Angular 2 onward, React )
- Solid Understanding of HTTP protocol and how server-side code is processed on the client
- Experience with Postgres.
- Experience with Redis.
- Perform data modeling to design relational and NoSQL/document databases
- Work with various Cloud services from Amazon Web Services (AWS) to build, host and maintain application environments
- Implement and manage best practices for maintaining source code repositories and branching, PRs strategies for multiple code bases and applications
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Must hands on with CI/CD tools and implementations
- Provide analysis and troubleshooting for production issues & code deployment activity
- Contribute to user interface design and development
- Work collaboratively with other developers, and product owners
- Ability to wear many hats and learn new technologies quickly
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering, or equivalent degree
- Experience developing open standards-based solutions: web services, web applications, and modern user interfaces
- Significant, demonstrable experience implementing features across the software development team and development environment
- Ability to be a self-starter and work in a fast-paced environment solving challenging problems in designing, writing, editing, modifying and debugging code
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Deep understanding of relational databases and proficiency with MYSQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience with NoSQL document databases, e.g. MongoDB, AWS DynamoDB
- Experience with message queue technology and design patterns
- 3+ years of experience with NodeJS
- Familiarity with services within Amazon Web Services, i.e. S3, Lambda, SNS, SQS, EC2, Redshift
- Experience with Git version control
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to think independently and contribute to the overall effort without much direction
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
Bonus Additional Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Development for mobile platforms
- Webpack, Flexbox, Bootstrap, and SASS
- Huge LOVE for Open Source